At Del Olmo Law, we welcome US military members and their families. We understand and appreciate how difficult it can be to serve your country while worrying about family members who could be detained or deported due to their lack of immigration status.

Those living in the United States without legal immigration status and who have a spouse, child, or parent who is an active duty member of the United States Armed Forces, member of the Selected or Ready reserve, or is a military veteran, may be eligible for Parole in Place. Individuals who are granted Parole in Place become eligible for employment authorization and, in certain cases, can apply for adjustment of status (a Green Card). The Department of Homeland Security grants Parole in Place on a case-by-case basis. Having a criminal record or prior immigration violations could disqualify an applicant from receiving Parole in Place.

We welcome military members and Attorney Del Olmo will help you and your relative submit the form, proof of your relationship, and proof of your relative’s military service to the local USCIS office for adjudication.

Please contact us to speak with a Boston immigration attorney about your case.