There are several different types of relationship which allow you to obtain a green card through family members. If you are an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen, that person may be able to file a petition to bring you to the United States or to help you attain legal status if you are already living in the United States. Immediate relatives include spouses, unmarried children under the age of 21, and parents of U.S. citizen petitioners aged 21 or older.

There are also several preference categories under which you can qualify, including unmarried sons or daughters over the age of 21, married children of any age, and brothers and sisters of U.S. citizen petitioners 21 or older. Legal Permanent Residents of the United States can also file petitions for their family members, including spouses and unmarried children.

Del Olmo Law can help you determine if and how you are eligible to file a family petition. If you believe that you or someone you know might be eligible, please contact Del Olmo Law for a first assessment of your immigration case. We will call or email you to provide you with an answer and schedule a consultation. All inquires are important to us, and we will get back to you within 24 hours. Please contact us to speak with a Boston immigration attorney about your case.