If you are already in the United States and eligible to become a permanent resident, doing an Adjustment of Status allows you to get your green card without having to return to your home country. For many people, a family member who is a permanent resident or US citizen will file a petition on your behalf. An employer can also file a petition. If you have already obtained Asylee or Refugee status, this can also be a basis for adjustment of status.

Your ability to file for adjustment of status depends on whether there are currently visas available. This varies according to the category of visa you are eligible for.

Del Olmo Law can help you determine if and how you are eligible for adjustment of status. We will work with you to file a petition and your Application for Adjustment of Status (Form I-485), as well as throughout the preparation for your interview and the interview itself.

Please contact us to speak with a Boston immigration attorney about your case.