US Citizens engaged to foreign nationals may petition the government for a K-1 Visa for their fiance. Once the government has assessed the validity of the engagement and granted a K-1 visa, the couple must marry within 90 days of the foreign national’s arrival in the United States. After the marriage takes place, the couple may begin the I-130/I-485 process to apply for a green card for the foreign spouse.

The K-1 visa is available equally to both same-sex and heterosexual couples. At Del Olmo Law we have experience representing LGBTQ+ people in a variety of immigration cases, including K-1 visa petitions.

Please contact us to speak with a Boston immigration attorney about your case.